Simple tips to keep your credit card secure
All credit card holders should take certain basic steps to ensure their credit cards remain safe. Consider these tips:
- As soon as your credit card arrives sign it.
- Cut any old credit card into small pieces. Cut the magnetic strip on the credit card.
- Destroy any written record of your credit card pin number.
- Cover your hand when you input your credit card pin into a credit card reader.
- Check the amount being debited to your credit card by the retailer.
- Destroy credit card receipts completely as they contain information about your credit card.
- Keep all credit card statements safe or destroy them completely. Don’t just throw a complete credit card statement in the bin.
- Never write down your credit card pin number.
- Never disclose your credit card pin number to anyone.
- Be aware of where your credit card is at all times.
- Don’t keep your credit card with your chequebook.
- Take out credit card protection insurance.
- Report the theft of your.