Tips for Playing the Credit Card Game
If you have multiple credit cards in your wallet, you have to be smart if you want to win at the credit card game. If you don’t handle your cards wisely, you will find yourself drowning in debt. So, follow these few tips and you will make your credit cards work for you:
- Pay off the balances at the end of each billing cycle to avoid paying finance charges
- Avoid impulse purchases and shopping sprees
- When making large purchases, divvy the cost up on multiple credit cards. This way, you are not near the maximum on any of your cards. Being near the minimum on your cards reflects negatively on your credit report.
- Use the special characteristics on your card. If you have a card that pays you back for petrol purchases, be sure to use it whenever you are at the pump.
- If you choose to keep multiple cards, be sure to periodically use each one in order to keep them active.
- Stay up to date on the fine print for each of your cards. Periodically check into the interest rate and fees associated with the cards.